Davie County GO FAR Scholarship
Davie County GO FAR is pleased to offer two $1,000 scholarships to Davie County students who exhibit leadership, community service and personal integrity. The scholarships are available to Davie County seniors and may be used for tuition at any accredited college, university, or technical/community college (with the exception of students enrolled in IgniteDavie).
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit and/or financial need, with special consideration given to students who participated in the Davie County GO FAR program in elementary or middle school. The scholarship recipients will be determined at the discretion of the board.
- Must be a graduating senior who resides in Davie County.
- Must have been accepted by an accredited college, university, or technical/community college. (Students planning to attend Davidson-Davie Community College through the IgniteDavie program are not eligible.)
- Must complete the application in its entirety and be willing to attend an in-person interview with the board, if requested.
- Must be of good moral character. Applicants must provide one character reference letter from a non-relative (such as minister, teacher, counselor, coach, etc.) attached to the application.
- Though not required, preference will be given to applicants who participated in the Davie County GO FAR program while in elementary or middle school.
- Scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to two eligible applicants as selected by the Davie County GO FAR Board of Directors.
- The scholarship award will be paid at the beginning of the quarter or semester directly to the accepting school. It is the responsibility of the recipient to provide Davie County GO FAR with the correct address of the institution and the recipient’s student ID number for the award to be mailed in August.
- In the event the recipient does not attend the institution, funds received must be refunded to Davie County GO FAR .
Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified by the Davie County GO FAR Board of Directors. The recipients will be determined at the discretion of the board members.
Scholarship applicants may be interviewed individually, in person, by the selection committee. The recipients will be determined at the discretion of the Davie County GO FAR Board of Directors. All applicants will receive a letter of acceptance or non-acceptance.
The deadline for applications to be submitted is Friday, March 31, 2023. Applicants will be notified of awards by early May 2023.
February 1, 2023
Online application opens.
March 31, 2023
Deadline to submit application.
Applicants will be notified of award status.